We've been in Seattle for 2 months now and it's been wonderful. This has been a good move for us. We found a great house with a view of Lake Washington and it looks like we're 15 minutes from virtually everything! We're in a great neighborhood with big open streets and lots of bike paths.
Queen Sabrina is as beautiful as ever and loves playing in the grass in the front yard. She also likes to eat it. Not sure how healthy that is...but she seems ok! She has lots of room in the house to crawl around, a big yard to hang out in and a bedroom with a play area set up. She can entertain herself for a long time.
So far the things we're loving about living in Seattle are:
- Out of the brown (desert) and into the green!
- Multicultural - such a huge mix of people from all over the world everywhere you go.
- Delicious restaurants everywhere. And they sell gooood coffee.
- CHINATOWN! Dim Sum! Oriental grocery stores! Pho! Bubble tea on every corner!
- Liz our landlord. Could we have met a nicer person? She has become a good friend and Sabrina LOOOOVES her. We have also met a lot of unbelievably nice people through her.
- Steady paycheck with medical insurance. Whew!
- Weather. I know what you're thinking but it's been beautiful here. we moved here at the perfect time. The rain has not been a problem at all. Plus, the upside to the rain is the humidity that we didn't have in Park City and the Queen is breathing much better out here.
- Great local bands.
- Awesome public radio stations. (Check out KEXP's website and listen to them online).
- Art and artists everywhere. (The artwork posted here is from local artist Michael Pierce.)
Love ~ Dave, Maria & Sabrina